May 23, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Brewers starter Yovani Gallardo left Tuesday’s start against the Braves in the fourth inning after turning his left ankle. Gallardo’s next start, scheduled for Sunday against the Marlins, could be pushed back, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Gallardo isn’t expected to hit the disabled list.
Jimmy Nelson, scheduled to start tonight for the Brewers at Triple-A Nashville, has been scratched. With that, Nelson could start on Sunday in place of Gallardo. Nelson has a 1.71 ERA with a 58/17 K/BB ratio in 58 innings over nine starts in the minors.
Gallardo, 28, has a 3.51 ERA with a 41/19 K/BB ratio in 59 innings over ten starts.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 12
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 157
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39