May 23, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Brewers starter Yovani Gallardo left Tuesday’s start against the Braves in the fourth inning after turning his left ankle. Gallardo’s next start, scheduled for Sunday against the Marlins, could be pushed back, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Gallardo isn’t expected to hit the disabled list.
Jimmy Nelson, scheduled to start tonight for the Brewers at Triple-A Nashville, has been scratched. With that, Nelson could start on Sunday in place of Gallardo. Nelson has a 1.71 ERA with a 58/17 K/BB ratio in 58 innings over nine starts in the minors.
Gallardo, 28, has a 3.51 ERA with a 41/19 K/BB ratio in 59 innings over ten starts.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)