May 23, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Brewers starter Yovani Gallardo left Tuesday’s start against the Braves in the fourth inning after turning his left ankle. Gallardo’s next start, scheduled for Sunday against the Marlins, could be pushed back, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Gallardo isn’t expected to hit the disabled list.
Jimmy Nelson, scheduled to start tonight for the Brewers at Triple-A Nashville, has been scratched. With that, Nelson could start on Sunday in place of Gallardo. Nelson has a 1.71 ERA with a 58/17 K/BB ratio in 58 innings over nine starts in the minors.
Gallardo, 28, has a 3.51 ERA with a 41/19 K/BB ratio in 59 innings over ten starts.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 76
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 61
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)