May 23, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Brewers starter Yovani Gallardo left Tuesday’s start against the Braves in the fourth inning after turning his left ankle. Gallardo’s next start, scheduled for Sunday against the Marlins, could be pushed back, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Gallardo isn’t expected to hit the disabled list.
Jimmy Nelson, scheduled to start tonight for the Brewers at Triple-A Nashville, has been scratched. With that, Nelson could start on Sunday in place of Gallardo. Nelson has a 1.71 ERA with a 58/17 K/BB ratio in 58 innings over nine starts in the minors.
Gallardo, 28, has a 3.51 ERA with a 41/19 K/BB ratio in 59 innings over ten starts.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)