May 23, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Brewers starter Yovani Gallardo left Tuesday’s start against the Braves in the fourth inning after turning his left ankle. Gallardo’s next start, scheduled for Sunday against the Marlins, could be pushed back, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Gallardo isn’t expected to hit the disabled list.
Jimmy Nelson, scheduled to start tonight for the Brewers at Triple-A Nashville, has been scratched. With that, Nelson could start on Sunday in place of Gallardo. Nelson has a 1.71 ERA with a 58/17 K/BB ratio in 58 innings over nine starts in the minors.
Gallardo, 28, has a 3.51 ERA with a 41/19 K/BB ratio in 59 innings over ten starts.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 27
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 14
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 67
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 26
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)