May 24, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
Carlos Gonzalez says he will be back in the Rockies’ starting lineup on Sunday, Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post reports. The outfielder has been out since Wednesday due to inflammation in his left index finger. Gonzalez says that while his finger feels better, it is not completely healed.
Hand problems are not new to Gonzalez, as he suffered from a sprained middle finger last year and a contusion on his index finger earlier this month, but both were on his right hand. His current issue is on his left hand.
Gonzalez, 28, has put up decent numbers thus far, slashing .276/.321/.477 with seven home runs and 29 RBI.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 57
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)