May 24, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
Carlos Gonzalez says he will be back in the Rockies’ starting lineup on Sunday, Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post reports. The outfielder has been out since Wednesday due to inflammation in his left index finger. Gonzalez says that while his finger feels better, it is not completely healed.
Hand problems are not new to Gonzalez, as he suffered from a sprained middle finger last year and a contusion on his index finger earlier this month, but both were on his right hand. His current issue is on his left hand.
Gonzalez, 28, has put up decent numbers thus far, slashing .276/.321/.477 with seven home runs and 29 RBI.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 33
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 60
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120