May 24, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
Carlos Gonzalez says he will be back in the Rockies’ starting lineup on Sunday, Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post reports. The outfielder has been out since Wednesday due to inflammation in his left index finger. Gonzalez says that while his finger feels better, it is not completely healed.
Hand problems are not new to Gonzalez, as he suffered from a sprained middle finger last year and a contusion on his index finger earlier this month, but both were on his right hand. His current issue is on his left hand.
Gonzalez, 28, has put up decent numbers thus far, slashing .276/.321/.477 with seven home runs and 29 RBI.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 30
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Who really owns a home run ball? 60
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 128
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)