May 24, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
Carlos Gonzalez says he will be back in the Rockies’ starting lineup on Sunday, Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post reports. The outfielder has been out since Wednesday due to inflammation in his left index finger. Gonzalez says that while his finger feels better, it is not completely healed.
Hand problems are not new to Gonzalez, as he suffered from a sprained middle finger last year and a contusion on his index finger earlier this month, but both were on his right hand. His current issue is on his left hand.
Gonzalez, 28, has put up decent numbers thus far, slashing .276/.321/.477 with seven home runs and 29 RBI.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)