May 24, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Cain threw a bullpen Saturday afternoon and it was cut short after fewer than 20 pitches, per CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly. Cain has been day-to-day since leaving Wednesday’s start against the Rockies in the third inning with a mildly strained right hamstring.
While the Giants hope Cain will be ready by Monday, they may have Tim Hudson start again after only throwing 64 pitches against the Rockies on Thursday. Otherwise, the Giants could call on Yusmeiro Petit to make a spot start.
The 29-year-old Cain has a 3.66 ERA and a 39/17 K/BB ratio in 46 2/3 innings over eight starts on the season.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (100)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)