May 24, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Cain threw a bullpen Saturday afternoon and it was cut short after fewer than 20 pitches, per CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly. Cain has been day-to-day since leaving Wednesday’s start against the Rockies in the third inning with a mildly strained right hamstring.
While the Giants hope Cain will be ready by Monday, they may have Tim Hudson start again after only throwing 64 pitches against the Rockies on Thursday. Otherwise, the Giants could call on Yusmeiro Petit to make a spot start.
The 29-year-old Cain has a 3.66 ERA and a 39/17 K/BB ratio in 46 2/3 innings over eight starts on the season.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 0
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 41
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 30
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 95
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (95)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)