May 24, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Cain threw a bullpen Saturday afternoon and it was cut short after fewer than 20 pitches, per CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly. Cain has been day-to-day since leaving Wednesday’s start against the Rockies in the third inning with a mildly strained right hamstring.
While the Giants hope Cain will be ready by Monday, they may have Tim Hudson start again after only throwing 64 pitches against the Rockies on Thursday. Otherwise, the Giants could call on Yusmeiro Petit to make a spot start.
The 29-year-old Cain has a 3.66 ERA and a 39/17 K/BB ratio in 46 2/3 innings over eight starts on the season.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 23
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 18
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (74)