May 24, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
Hundley was hitting .271 (16-for-59) with one home run and three RBI in 33 games with the Padres this season while serving as Yasmani Grandal‘s backup. The 30-year-old owns a .238/.296/.389 batting line in the majors and figures to get the bulk of the playing time over Steve Clevenger in Baltimore. He’s being paid $4 million this season and his contract includes a $5 million club option for next year.
Patton, 28, sat out the first 25 games this season while serving a suspension for Adderall use. He has a 3.28 ERA over 161 2/3 innings in the majors and will presumably function as a left-handed specialist with his new club.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)