May 24, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
Hundley was hitting .271 (16-for-59) with one home run and three RBI in 33 games with the Padres this season while serving as Yasmani Grandal‘s backup. The 30-year-old owns a .238/.296/.389 batting line in the majors and figures to get the bulk of the playing time over Steve Clevenger in Baltimore. He’s being paid $4 million this season and his contract includes a $5 million club option for next year.
Patton, 28, sat out the first 25 games this season while serving a suspension for Adderall use. He has a 3.28 ERA over 161 2/3 innings in the majors and will presumably function as a left-handed specialist with his new club.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 18
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 100
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 73
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (100)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)