May 25, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin reports that outfielder Eric Young, Jr. is headed to the 15-day disabled list with a pulled hamstring. The Mets are expected to call up outfielder Matt den Dekker to fill the void.
den Dekker, 26, is slashing .275/.333/.431 with four home runs and 26 RBI with Triple-A Las Vegas. He made his major league debut last season, but struggled, posting a .207 average with one home run in 63 plate appearances.
Rubin provides some light-hearted trivia to end the weekend:
When Travis d’Arnaud activated later this week, Mets will be 1st team in MLB history with 3 lower-case Ds on roster: deGrom, den Dekker.
— Adam Rubin (@AdamRubinESPN) May 25, 2014
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 0
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (109)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)