May 25, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin reports that outfielder Eric Young, Jr. is headed to the 15-day disabled list with a pulled hamstring. The Mets are expected to call up outfielder Matt den Dekker to fill the void.
den Dekker, 26, is slashing .275/.333/.431 with four home runs and 26 RBI with Triple-A Las Vegas. He made his major league debut last season, but struggled, posting a .207 average with one home run in 63 plate appearances.
Rubin provides some light-hearted trivia to end the weekend:
When Travis d’Arnaud activated later this week, Mets will be 1st team in MLB history with 3 lower-case Ds on roster: deGrom, den Dekker.
— Adam Rubin (@AdamRubinESPN) May 25, 2014
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 28
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 44
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 46
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 39
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)