May 25, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin reports that outfielder Eric Young, Jr. is headed to the 15-day disabled list with a pulled hamstring. The Mets are expected to call up outfielder Matt den Dekker to fill the void.
den Dekker, 26, is slashing .275/.333/.431 with four home runs and 26 RBI with Triple-A Las Vegas. He made his major league debut last season, but struggled, posting a .207 average with one home run in 63 plate appearances.
Rubin provides some light-hearted trivia to end the weekend:
When Travis d’Arnaud activated later this week, Mets will be 1st team in MLB history with 3 lower-case Ds on roster: deGrom, den Dekker.
— Adam Rubin (@AdamRubinESPN) May 25, 2014
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)