May 25, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
Via beat writer Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com …
LaRoche activated, Walters to AAA.
— Mark Zuckerman (@ZuckermanCSN) May 25, 2014
LaRoche wound up spending exactly 15 days on the disabled list with a right quadriceps strain. He was off to a hot start before the injury, batting .319/.421/.504 with five home runs and 21 RBI in 32 games, and returns to the Nationals’ starting lineup for Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Pirates at PNC Park.
Zach Walters, who was optioned to Triple-A Syracuse in a corresponding 25-man roster move, hit .182 in 27 games for the big-league Nats while appearing defensively at third base, shortstop, and left field.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 54
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 65
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)