May 25, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
Via beat writer Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com …
LaRoche activated, Walters to AAA.
— Mark Zuckerman (@ZuckermanCSN) May 25, 2014
LaRoche wound up spending exactly 15 days on the disabled list with a right quadriceps strain. He was off to a hot start before the injury, batting .319/.421/.504 with five home runs and 21 RBI in 32 games, and returns to the Nationals’ starting lineup for Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Pirates at PNC Park.
Zach Walters, who was optioned to Triple-A Syracuse in a corresponding 25-man roster move, hit .182 in 27 games for the big-league Nats while appearing defensively at third base, shortstop, and left field.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 0
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 14
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 37
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)