May 25, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
Via beat writer Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com …
LaRoche activated, Walters to AAA.
— Mark Zuckerman (@ZuckermanCSN) May 25, 2014
LaRoche wound up spending exactly 15 days on the disabled list with a right quadriceps strain. He was off to a hot start before the injury, batting .319/.421/.504 with five home runs and 21 RBI in 32 games, and returns to the Nationals’ starting lineup for Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Pirates at PNC Park.
Zach Walters, who was optioned to Triple-A Syracuse in a corresponding 25-man roster move, hit .182 in 27 games for the big-league Nats while appearing defensively at third base, shortstop, and left field.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)