May 25, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
Via beat writer Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com …
LaRoche activated, Walters to AAA.
— Mark Zuckerman (@ZuckermanCSN) May 25, 2014
LaRoche wound up spending exactly 15 days on the disabled list with a right quadriceps strain. He was off to a hot start before the injury, batting .319/.421/.504 with five home runs and 21 RBI in 32 games, and returns to the Nationals’ starting lineup for Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Pirates at PNC Park.
Zach Walters, who was optioned to Triple-A Syracuse in a corresponding 25-man roster move, hit .182 in 27 games for the big-league Nats while appearing defensively at third base, shortstop, and left field.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)