May 25, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
Via beat writer Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com …
LaRoche activated, Walters to AAA.
— Mark Zuckerman (@ZuckermanCSN) May 25, 2014
LaRoche wound up spending exactly 15 days on the disabled list with a right quadriceps strain. He was off to a hot start before the injury, batting .319/.421/.504 with five home runs and 21 RBI in 32 games, and returns to the Nationals’ starting lineup for Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Pirates at PNC Park.
Zach Walters, who was optioned to Triple-A Syracuse in a corresponding 25-man roster move, hit .182 in 27 games for the big-league Nats while appearing defensively at third base, shortstop, and left field.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (114)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)