May 25, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that the Twins have optioned 1B/OF Chris Colabello and outfielder Chris Herrmann to Triple-A Rochester.
The demotion was expected, particularly for Colabello as he has been slumping since late April. Entering this afternoon’s game against the Giants, Colabello was slashing .110/.167/.164 with a home run, four RBI, and a 28/5 K/BB ratio in 78 plate appearances dating back to April 24.
Colabello started off the season on fire, slashing .346/.386/.577 with four home runs and 26 RBI through April 23.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)