May 25, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that the Twins have optioned 1B/OF Chris Colabello and outfielder Chris Herrmann to Triple-A Rochester.
The demotion was expected, particularly for Colabello as he has been slumping since late April. Entering this afternoon’s game against the Giants, Colabello was slashing .110/.167/.164 with a home run, four RBI, and a 28/5 K/BB ratio in 78 plate appearances dating back to April 24.
Colabello started off the season on fire, slashing .346/.386/.577 with four home runs and 26 RBI through April 23.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 16
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 23
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)