May 25, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that the Twins have optioned 1B/OF Chris Colabello and outfielder Chris Herrmann to Triple-A Rochester.
The demotion was expected, particularly for Colabello as he has been slumping since late April. Entering this afternoon’s game against the Giants, Colabello was slashing .110/.167/.164 with a home run, four RBI, and a 28/5 K/BB ratio in 78 plate appearances dating back to April 24.
Colabello started off the season on fire, slashing .346/.386/.577 with four home runs and 26 RBI through April 23.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)