May 25, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that the Twins have optioned 1B/OF Chris Colabello and outfielder Chris Herrmann to Triple-A Rochester.
The demotion was expected, particularly for Colabello as he has been slumping since late April. Entering this afternoon’s game against the Giants, Colabello was slashing .110/.167/.164 with a home run, four RBI, and a 28/5 K/BB ratio in 78 plate appearances dating back to April 24.
Colabello started off the season on fire, slashing .346/.386/.577 with four home runs and 26 RBI through April 23.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 9
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 87
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 63
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (89)