May 25, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that the Twins have optioned 1B/OF Chris Colabello and outfielder Chris Herrmann to Triple-A Rochester.
The demotion was expected, particularly for Colabello as he has been slumping since late April. Entering this afternoon’s game against the Giants, Colabello was slashing .110/.167/.164 with a home run, four RBI, and a 28/5 K/BB ratio in 78 plate appearances dating back to April 24.
Colabello started off the season on fire, slashing .346/.386/.577 with four home runs and 26 RBI through April 23.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 47
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 99
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)