May 26, 2014, 10:26 PM EST
UPDATE: And so much for that. After a super-long bottom of the seventh inning in which the Dodgers scored three runs and Ryu reached on an error and ran the bases, Todd Frazier led off the top of the eighth inning with a double down the left field line to break up the perfect game.
Ryu is perfect through seven innings this evening against the Reds at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. The southpaw has been on cruise control, striking out seven batters while throwing 58 out of 82 pitches for strikes.
Stay tuned to see if Ryu can complete the 24th perfect game in MLB history. By the way, no team has ever had no-hitters in back-to-back games. That could change tonight.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)