May 26, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
Carlos Santana is off to an awful start this season. And things might be getting worse for him.
Santana was scratched from today’s lineup against the White Sox and Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer hears that the Indians aren’t sure whether he’s simply ill or dealing with a concussion. It’s an understandable concern, as he was hit in the mask by a foul tip while catching Sunday’s game against the Orioles. Santana had a previous stint on the concussion disabled list back in 2012, so they’ll play things safe with him for now.
Santana, 28, is batting just .159/.327/.301 with six home runs and 17 RBI through 51 games this season while making the transition to third base.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)