May 26, 2014, 9:02 PM EST
Carlos Santana is off to an awful start this season. And things might be getting worse for him.
Santana was scratched from today’s lineup against the White Sox and Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer hears that the Indians aren’t sure whether he’s simply ill or dealing with a concussion. It’s an understandable concern, as he was hit in the mask by a foul tip while catching Sunday’s game against the Orioles. Santana had a previous stint on the concussion disabled list back in 2012, so they’ll play things safe with him for now.
Santana, 28, is batting just .159/.327/.301 with six home runs and 17 RBI through 51 games this season while making the transition to third base.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)