May 26, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
Carlos Santana is off to an awful start this season. And things might be getting worse for him.
Santana was scratched from today’s lineup against the White Sox and Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer hears that the Indians aren’t sure whether he’s simply ill or dealing with a concussion. It’s an understandable concern, as he was hit in the mask by a foul tip while catching Sunday’s game against the Orioles. Santana had a previous stint on the concussion disabled list back in 2012, so they’ll play things safe with him for now.
Santana, 28, is batting just .159/.327/.301 with six home runs and 17 RBI through 51 games this season while making the transition to third base.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)