May 26, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
Carlos Santana is off to an awful start this season. And things might be getting worse for him.
Santana was scratched from today’s lineup against the White Sox and Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer hears that the Indians aren’t sure whether he’s simply ill or dealing with a concussion. It’s an understandable concern, as he was hit in the mask by a foul tip while catching Sunday’s game against the Orioles. Santana had a previous stint on the concussion disabled list back in 2012, so they’ll play things safe with him for now.
Santana, 28, is batting just .159/.327/.301 with six home runs and 17 RBI through 51 games this season while making the transition to third base.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 0
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)