May 26, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
Specifically, a ball that has been signed by multiple members of the 3,000-hit club, including Tris Speaker, Lou Brock, Pete Rose, Stan Musial and Ty Cobb:
— Derrick Goold (@dgoold) May 26, 2014
I feel like, even if I was Derek Jeter, I’d be scared to death to sign that thing. Like, worried I’d smudge Ty Cobb’s name or accidentally write over the tail of the “l” at the end of Stan Musial.
I also wonder if Rafael Palmeiro’s name is on it. I sorta hope Rafael Plameiro’s name is on it and that the he accidentally wrote over the tail of the “l” at the end of Stan Musial.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 63
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 62
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29