May 26, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Dillon Gee was supposed to throw a bullpen session yesterday as part of his comeback from a strained lat muscle, but the Mets scrapped those plans because, according to general manager Sandy Alderson, he “did not feel comfortable” throwing.
Kieran Darcy of ESPN New York notes that as of Sunday morning Gee was telling reporters he planned to throw, so something must have changed at the last minute.
Gee was off to an excellent start before the injury and has been one of the best starters in all of baseball dating back to last season–posting a 3.43 ERA in 40 starts–but now he seems likely to spend at least a few more weeks on the disabled list.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)