May 26, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
For today that means taking some ground balls at first base and hitting off a tee. And apparently Abreu was really annoying about not wanting to wear the boot or sit around doing nothing, so manager Robin Ventura and the White Sox coaching staff is thrilled to have him making progress.
Abreu was off to a historic start with 15 homers and 42 RBIs through his first 44 career games after signing a six-year, $68 million deal with the White Sox this offseason.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69