May 26, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
For today that means taking some ground balls at first base and hitting off a tee. And apparently Abreu was really annoying about not wanting to wear the boot or sit around doing nothing, so manager Robin Ventura and the White Sox coaching staff is thrilled to have him making progress.
Abreu was off to a historic start with 15 homers and 42 RBIs through his first 44 career games after signing a six-year, $68 million deal with the White Sox this offseason.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 0
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 51
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 77
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 65
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)