May 26, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
For today that means taking some ground balls at first base and hitting off a tee. And apparently Abreu was really annoying about not wanting to wear the boot or sit around doing nothing, so manager Robin Ventura and the White Sox coaching staff is thrilled to have him making progress.
Abreu was off to a historic start with 15 homers and 42 RBIs through his first 44 career games after signing a six-year, $68 million deal with the White Sox this offseason.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)