May 26, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
For today that means taking some ground balls at first base and hitting off a tee. And apparently Abreu was really annoying about not wanting to wear the boot or sit around doing nothing, so manager Robin Ventura and the White Sox coaching staff is thrilled to have him making progress.
Abreu was off to a historic start with 15 homers and 42 RBIs through his first 44 career games after signing a six-year, $68 million deal with the White Sox this offseason.
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 3
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 29
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 49
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)