May 26, 2014, 11:16 AM EDT
Minnesota’s offense has gone in the tank after getting off to a shockingly strong start this season, but today the Twins get a pair of their best hitters off the disabled list in right fielder Oswaldo Arcia and left fielder Josh Willingham.
Arcia has been out since April 9 with a wrist injury and the Twins optioned him back to Triple-A once he was ready to come off the DL, but he crushed International League pitching and convinced them to actually add one of their best bats to the lineup (what a novel concept).
Willingham has been out since being hit on the hand by a pitch on April 7. His recovery went much more slowly than expected and based on his poor, injury wrecked performance last season there are a lot of question marks surrounding how much Willingham has left in the tank at age 35.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (105)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)