May 26, 2014, 11:16 AM EDT
Minnesota’s offense has gone in the tank after getting off to a shockingly strong start this season, but today the Twins get a pair of their best hitters off the disabled list in right fielder Oswaldo Arcia and left fielder Josh Willingham.
Arcia has been out since April 9 with a wrist injury and the Twins optioned him back to Triple-A once he was ready to come off the DL, but he crushed International League pitching and convinced them to actually add one of their best bats to the lineup (what a novel concept).
Willingham has been out since being hit on the hand by a pitch on April 7. His recovery went much more slowly than expected and based on his poor, injury wrecked performance last season there are a lot of question marks surrounding how much Willingham has left in the tank at age 35.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29