May 27, 2014, 8:04 PM EST
Our friend Jeff Passan at Yahoo Sports has the footage …
The single worst first pitch in baseball history now belongs to 50 Cent. This is just wow. https://t.co/UdIPe2rKnU
— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) May 27, 2014
Not sure about “single worst first pitch” — that’s a long list — but it belongs in the conversation. “Call Me Maybe” singer Carly Rae Jepsen threw a similarly-wide-left pitch last year at Tropicana Field.
And if there’s an athletes-only category, let’s go with Washington Wizards guard John Wall.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40