May 27, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
Here’s a fun infographic from CNNMoney: what will $20 get you in beer and food at each ballpark? They asked teams to give them the price of the smallest adult-sized hot dog and the cheapest available beer, whatever the size, and it resulted in a handsome and clickable display.
To be clear, this is a year old — I’m just seeing it and sharing it today — so it reflects 2013 prices. And Not every ballpark is represented. The Blue Jays, Rays, Yankees and Red Sox didn’t respond. But the rest of them did. And even if it’s somewhat incomplete and a bit old, it is at least a useful breakdown of the number of beers and number of hot dogs you can get for a couple of sawbucks.
As far as optimization goes, here is where those $4 10-12 ounce beers a lot of parks have come into play. And, while one would assume that regular prices are what’s most relevant for this sort of thing, in some of the cases hot dog specials seem to be part of the team’s responses. Like, maybe there’s a place in Great American Ballpark that routinely has $1 hot dogs, but I go there pretty often and I’m not sure I’ve seen them. On the other hand, the Indians frequently do “dollar dog night,” but their response set forth standard $3 hot dogs.
Good time killer.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 3
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 17
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 52
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 67
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 31
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)