May 27, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
Here’s a fun infographic from CNNMoney: what will $20 get you in beer and food at each ballpark? They asked teams to give them the price of the smallest adult-sized hot dog and the cheapest available beer, whatever the size, and it resulted in a handsome and clickable display.
To be clear, this is a year old — I’m just seeing it and sharing it today — so it reflects 2013 prices. And Not every ballpark is represented. The Blue Jays, Rays, Yankees and Red Sox didn’t respond. But the rest of them did. And even if it’s somewhat incomplete and a bit old, it is at least a useful breakdown of the number of beers and number of hot dogs you can get for a couple of sawbucks.
As far as optimization goes, here is where those $4 10-12 ounce beers a lot of parks have come into play. And, while one would assume that regular prices are what’s most relevant for this sort of thing, in some of the cases hot dog specials seem to be part of the team’s responses. Like, maybe there’s a place in Great American Ballpark that routinely has $1 hot dogs, but I go there pretty often and I’m not sure I’ve seen them. On the other hand, the Indians frequently do “dollar dog night,” but their response set forth standard $3 hot dogs.
Good time killer.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)