May 27, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
Here’s a fun infographic from CNNMoney: what will $20 get you in beer and food at each ballpark? They asked teams to give them the price of the smallest adult-sized hot dog and the cheapest available beer, whatever the size, and it resulted in a handsome and clickable display.
To be clear, this is a year old — I’m just seeing it and sharing it today — so it reflects 2013 prices. And Not every ballpark is represented. The Blue Jays, Rays, Yankees and Red Sox didn’t respond. But the rest of them did. And even if it’s somewhat incomplete and a bit old, it is at least a useful breakdown of the number of beers and number of hot dogs you can get for a couple of sawbucks.
As far as optimization goes, here is where those $4 10-12 ounce beers a lot of parks have come into play. And, while one would assume that regular prices are what’s most relevant for this sort of thing, in some of the cases hot dog specials seem to be part of the team’s responses. Like, maybe there’s a place in Great American Ballpark that routinely has $1 hot dogs, but I go there pretty often and I’m not sure I’ve seen them. On the other hand, the Indians frequently do “dollar dog night,” but their response set forth standard $3 hot dogs.
Good time killer.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)