May 27, 2014, 4:03 PM EST
Here’s a fun infographic from CNNMoney: what will $20 get you in beer and food at each ballpark? They asked teams to give them the price of the smallest adult-sized hot dog and the cheapest available beer, whatever the size, and it resulted in a handsome and clickable display.
To be clear, this is a year old — I’m just seeing it and sharing it today — so it reflects 2013 prices. And Not every ballpark is represented. The Blue Jays, Rays, Yankees and Red Sox didn’t respond. But the rest of them did. And even if it’s somewhat incomplete and a bit old, it is at least a useful breakdown of the number of beers and number of hot dogs you can get for a couple of sawbucks.
As far as optimization goes, here is where those $4 10-12 ounce beers a lot of parks have come into play. And, while one would assume that regular prices are what’s most relevant for this sort of thing, in some of the cases hot dog specials seem to be part of the team’s responses. Like, maybe there’s a place in Great American Ballpark that routinely has $1 hot dogs, but I go there pretty often and I’m not sure I’ve seen them. On the other hand, the Indians frequently do “dollar dog night,” but their response set forth standard $3 hot dogs.
Good time killer.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)