May 27, 2014, 11:23 PM EDT
Adam Lind and Edwin Encarnacion hit back-to-back home runs in bottom of the fifth inning Tuesday night at Rogers Centre, propelling the Blue Jays to a 9-6 victory over the visiting Tampa Bay Rays. It was the eighth straight win for the Blue Jays, who are now 31-22 on the season with a growing first-place lead in the American League East standings.
And that fifth-inning homer by Encarnacion gave him 14 for the month of May — tying a franchise record held by Jose Bautista for most homers in a month.
MLB.com has the video of Encarnacion’s big blast.
The 31-year-old now has a .926 OPS with 16 homers and 42 RBI in 53 total games this season. He finished with 36 homers and 104 RBI in 2014.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)