May 27, 2014, 11:23 PM EDT
Adam Lind and Edwin Encarnacion hit back-to-back home runs in bottom of the fifth inning Tuesday night at Rogers Centre, propelling the Blue Jays to a 9-6 victory over the visiting Tampa Bay Rays. It was the eighth straight win for the Blue Jays, who are now 31-22 on the season with a growing first-place lead in the American League East standings.
And that fifth-inning homer by Encarnacion gave him 14 for the month of May — tying a franchise record held by Jose Bautista for most homers in a month.
MLB.com has the video of Encarnacion’s big blast.
The 31-year-old now has a .926 OPS with 16 homers and 42 RBI in 53 total games this season. He finished with 36 homers and 104 RBI in 2014.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)