May 27, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
Nady, who’s expected to head directly to Triple-A Tacoma, elected free agency after being outrighted off the Padres’ 40-man roster the first week of May. He was batting just .135 with a .238 on-base percentage in 42 plate appearances for San Diego and hasn’t been a productive major leaguer since 2008.
Nady, a career .268/.323/.432 hitter in the big leagues, turned 35 years old this offseason.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 28
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 96
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 72
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 72
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)