May 27, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
We talked this morning about how one cannot draw any real conclusions from the results of All-Star balloting. But that doesn’t mean you can’t still look at the voting results and say “huh.” Let’s do that for the American League, shall we?
Nelson Cruz is within hailing distance of David Ortiz. Melky Cabrera is a distance fifth for outfielders. I can’t say that looks profoundly low for guys of their stature. I’m sure someone will try to draw some conclusions anyway.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 44
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 28
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)