May 27, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
We talked this morning about how one cannot draw any real conclusions from the results of All-Star balloting. But that doesn’t mean you can’t still look at the voting results and say “huh.” Let’s do that for the American League, shall we?
Nelson Cruz is within hailing distance of David Ortiz. Melky Cabrera is a distance fifth for outfielders. I can’t say that looks profoundly low for guys of their stature. I’m sure someone will try to draw some conclusions anyway.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)