May 27, 2014, 12:34 PM EST
Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg said he got food poisoning from the awesome burgers at Shake Shack a couple of weeks ago. But he apparently had no problem consuming food not meant for human consumption when he was a kid.
Sandberg appears in funny videos that play between innings at Citizens Bank Park. One of the videos features Sandberg and some Phillies players admitting the strangest things they’ve ever eaten. Sandberg’s admission, per MLB.com Cut4 : he ate Friskies cat food:
“I did that as a youngster, maybe four or five-years-old, maybe six-years-old. I don’t know. I guess I was hungry. I still remember the crunchiness of it was the biggest thing. This wasn’t a one time thing either. This went on for about a year as a little snack.”
That was brave. I thought I was being bold for admitting eating at Arby’s that time, but this is next level stuff.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27