May 27, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT
Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg said he got food poisoning from the awesome burgers at Shake Shack a couple of weeks ago. But he apparently had no problem consuming food not meant for human consumption when he was a kid.
Sandberg appears in funny videos that play between innings at Citizens Bank Park. One of the videos features Sandberg and some Phillies players admitting the strangest things they’ve ever eaten. Sandberg’s admission, per MLB.com Cut4 : he ate Friskies cat food:
“I did that as a youngster, maybe four or five-years-old, maybe six-years-old. I don’t know. I guess I was hungry. I still remember the crunchiness of it was the biggest thing. This wasn’t a one time thing either. This went on for about a year as a little snack.”
That was brave. I thought I was being bold for admitting eating at Arby’s that time, but this is next level stuff.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69