May 27, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
The Red Sox are 12th in the AL in runs scored, Shane Victorino has been hurt and/or ineffective and the Jackie Bradley Jr./Grady Sizemore combo isn’t exactly doing much to make people forget Jacoby Ellsbury. So a trade may be a good idea. Here’s Rob Bradford:
According to an industry source, the Red Sox continue to explore the outfield trade market, particularly possible center field help that might be able to take some of the pressure off of Jackie Bradley. No deal appears imminent.
Bradford mentions Andre Ethier. Ethier is currently posting his worst offensive season. Maybe that means targeting him is a bad idea, maybe it means a change of scenery is in order. You never know with these things.
Still, the Dodgers aren’t are bad team to be talking to if you’re in the market for outfielders. Obviously the Dodgers aren’t parting with Puig and obviously the Red Sox don’t want Carl Crawford back, but Ethier and Matt Kemp are potential targets.
HBT Daily: What’s wrong with the Red Sox?
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)