May 27, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
The Red Sox are 12th in the AL in runs scored, Shane Victorino has been hurt and/or ineffective and the Jackie Bradley Jr./Grady Sizemore combo isn’t exactly doing much to make people forget Jacoby Ellsbury. So a trade may be a good idea. Here’s Rob Bradford:
According to an industry source, the Red Sox continue to explore the outfield trade market, particularly possible center field help that might be able to take some of the pressure off of Jackie Bradley. No deal appears imminent.
Bradford mentions Andre Ethier. Ethier is currently posting his worst offensive season. Maybe that means targeting him is a bad idea, maybe it means a change of scenery is in order. You never know with these things.
Still, the Dodgers aren’t are bad team to be talking to if you’re in the market for outfielders. Obviously the Dodgers aren’t parting with Puig and obviously the Red Sox don’t want Carl Crawford back, but Ethier and Matt Kemp are potential targets.
HBT Daily: What’s wrong with the Red Sox?
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 3
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 50
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)