May 27, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
The Red Sox are 12th in the AL in runs scored, Shane Victorino has been hurt and/or ineffective and the Jackie Bradley Jr./Grady Sizemore combo isn’t exactly doing much to make people forget Jacoby Ellsbury. So a trade may be a good idea. Here’s Rob Bradford:
According to an industry source, the Red Sox continue to explore the outfield trade market, particularly possible center field help that might be able to take some of the pressure off of Jackie Bradley. No deal appears imminent.
Bradford mentions Andre Ethier. Ethier is currently posting his worst offensive season. Maybe that means targeting him is a bad idea, maybe it means a change of scenery is in order. You never know with these things.
Still, the Dodgers aren’t are bad team to be talking to if you’re in the market for outfielders. Obviously the Dodgers aren’t parting with Puig and obviously the Red Sox don’t want Carl Crawford back, but Ethier and Matt Kemp are potential targets.
HBT Daily: What’s wrong with the Red Sox?
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 0
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 22
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 85
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (85)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)