May 27, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
The Red Sox are 12th in the AL in runs scored, Shane Victorino has been hurt and/or ineffective and the Jackie Bradley Jr./Grady Sizemore combo isn’t exactly doing much to make people forget Jacoby Ellsbury. So a trade may be a good idea. Here’s Rob Bradford:
According to an industry source, the Red Sox continue to explore the outfield trade market, particularly possible center field help that might be able to take some of the pressure off of Jackie Bradley. No deal appears imminent.
Bradford mentions Andre Ethier. Ethier is currently posting his worst offensive season. Maybe that means targeting him is a bad idea, maybe it means a change of scenery is in order. You never know with these things.
Still, the Dodgers aren’t are bad team to be talking to if you’re in the market for outfielders. Obviously the Dodgers aren’t parting with Puig and obviously the Red Sox don’t want Carl Crawford back, but Ethier and Matt Kemp are potential targets.
HBT Daily: What’s wrong with the Red Sox?
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 100
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)