May 27, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
The Red Sox are 12th in the AL in runs scored, Shane Victorino has been hurt and/or ineffective and the Jackie Bradley Jr./Grady Sizemore combo isn’t exactly doing much to make people forget Jacoby Ellsbury. So a trade may be a good idea. Here’s Rob Bradford:
According to an industry source, the Red Sox continue to explore the outfield trade market, particularly possible center field help that might be able to take some of the pressure off of Jackie Bradley. No deal appears imminent.
Bradford mentions Andre Ethier. Ethier is currently posting his worst offensive season. Maybe that means targeting him is a bad idea, maybe it means a change of scenery is in order. You never know with these things.
Still, the Dodgers aren’t are bad team to be talking to if you’re in the market for outfielders. Obviously the Dodgers aren’t parting with Puig and obviously the Red Sox don’t want Carl Crawford back, but Ethier and Matt Kemp are potential targets.
HBT Daily: What’s wrong with the Red Sox?
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 2
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 29
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 143
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)