May 27, 2014, 4:20 PM EST
Darvish began the season on the disabled list with a neck injury, but ended up missing just one start and has been his usual fantastic self with a 2.35 ERA and 71/19 K/BB ratio in 61 innings spread over nine starts for Texas.
That includes a near no-hitter versus the Red Sox on May 9 and Quality Starts in each of his past four outings dating back to May 4. Darvish has allowed more than three runs in a start just once all season and has thrown at least six innings in eight of his nine starts as well.
Scott Baker is expected to make tonight’s start in Darvish’s place, matching up against his old team after spending the first eight seasons of his career in Minnesota.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)