May 28, 2014, 8:01 PM EST
Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com provides the update …
SAN FRANCISCO -– Hunter Pence is back on a roll.
Three days after his scooter was stolen near a restaurant on the Embarcadero, spawning a citywide reaction and any number of promotionally driven rewards, Pence’s coveted conveyance was returned to him.
San Francisco police officers located the scooter and returned it to Pence at AT&T Park during the Giants’ game against the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday.
John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle writes that a “group of people” showed up with the scooter on Wednesday afternoon and gave it to officers standing outside the gates at AT&T Park. Pence never officially reported the scooter stolen and none of the people who were involved in returning it are being investigated about its disappearance.
Joe Day, who serves as the Giants’ team chef and also builds custom scooters for players on the side, tweeted this from his personal Twitter account on Wednesday evening …
Thanks to sfpd for returning hunter’s scooter. pic.twitter.com/rSLc4yhWLF
— Joe Day (@rocketped) May 28, 2014
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)