May 28, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com provides the update …
SAN FRANCISCO -– Hunter Pence is back on a roll.
Three days after his scooter was stolen near a restaurant on the Embarcadero, spawning a citywide reaction and any number of promotionally driven rewards, Pence’s coveted conveyance was returned to him.
San Francisco police officers located the scooter and returned it to Pence at AT&T Park during the Giants’ game against the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday.
John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle writes that a “group of people” showed up with the scooter on Wednesday afternoon and gave it to officers standing outside the gates at AT&T Park. Pence never officially reported the scooter stolen and none of the people who were involved in returning it are being investigated about its disappearance.
Joe Day, who serves as the Giants’ team chef and also builds custom scooters for players on the side, tweeted this from his personal Twitter account on Wednesday evening …
Thanks to sfpd for returning hunter’s scooter. pic.twitter.com/rSLc4yhWLF
— Joe Day (@rocketped) May 28, 2014
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)