May 28, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com provides the update …
SAN FRANCISCO -– Hunter Pence is back on a roll.
Three days after his scooter was stolen near a restaurant on the Embarcadero, spawning a citywide reaction and any number of promotionally driven rewards, Pence’s coveted conveyance was returned to him.
San Francisco police officers located the scooter and returned it to Pence at AT&T Park during the Giants’ game against the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday.
John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle writes that a “group of people” showed up with the scooter on Wednesday afternoon and gave it to officers standing outside the gates at AT&T Park. Pence never officially reported the scooter stolen and none of the people who were involved in returning it are being investigated about its disappearance.
Joe Day, who serves as the Giants’ team chef and also builds custom scooters for players on the side, tweeted this from his personal Twitter account on Wednesday evening …
Thanks to sfpd for returning hunter’s scooter. pic.twitter.com/rSLc4yhWLF
— Joe Day (@rocketped) May 28, 2014
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)