May 28, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com provides the update …
SAN FRANCISCO -– Hunter Pence is back on a roll.
Three days after his scooter was stolen near a restaurant on the Embarcadero, spawning a citywide reaction and any number of promotionally driven rewards, Pence’s coveted conveyance was returned to him.
San Francisco police officers located the scooter and returned it to Pence at AT&T Park during the Giants’ game against the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday.
John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle writes that a “group of people” showed up with the scooter on Wednesday afternoon and gave it to officers standing outside the gates at AT&T Park. Pence never officially reported the scooter stolen and none of the people who were involved in returning it are being investigated about its disappearance.
Joe Day, who serves as the Giants’ team chef and also builds custom scooters for players on the side, tweeted this from his personal Twitter account on Wednesday evening …
Thanks to sfpd for returning hunter’s scooter. pic.twitter.com/rSLc4yhWLF
— Joe Day (@rocketped) May 28, 2014
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 6
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)