May 28, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Out since late April with a strained oblique muscle, Indians second baseman Jason Kipnis is off the disabled list and back in the lineup for tonight’s game against the White Sox.
Kipnis was hitting .234 with three homers and a .748 OPS before the injury and ended up missing 26 games, during which time the Indians went 13-13 without him while using Mike Aviles as their primary second baseman. Aviles posted a .661 OPS in his absence.
Kipnis went just 1-for-9 on a brief minor-league rehab assignment at Triple-A, but the Indians are convinced he’s fully recovered and tonight he’s batting cleanup.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 14
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 17
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 88
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8