May 28, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Yeah, the Rockies fans are probably stuffing the ballot box, but who cares? All-Star balloting is like a presidential election in Parador. If you care too much about how it all goes down you probably need to relax.
I will give a major side-eye to the outfield results so far, though. Ryan Braun third and Carlos Gomez sixth is a special thing. Maybe it means fans care more about perceived showboating than they do PEDs? Maybe it means they just vote for the more popular name when given a choice? I have no idea, but I do like that it flummoxes all of those “the PED guys are gonna play the price!” narratives we’ve seen the past few days.
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 18
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 43
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 132
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (133)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)