May 28, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Yeah, the Rockies fans are probably stuffing the ballot box, but who cares? All-Star balloting is like a presidential election in Parador. If you care too much about how it all goes down you probably need to relax.
I will give a major side-eye to the outfield results so far, though. Ryan Braun third and Carlos Gomez sixth is a special thing. Maybe it means fans care more about perceived showboating than they do PEDs? Maybe it means they just vote for the more popular name when given a choice? I have no idea, but I do like that it flummoxes all of those “the PED guys are gonna play the price!” narratives we’ve seen the past few days.
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 3
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 20
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 26
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 17
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 59
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 43
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)