May 28, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Yeah, the Rockies fans are probably stuffing the ballot box, but who cares? All-Star balloting is like a presidential election in Parador. If you care too much about how it all goes down you probably need to relax.
I will give a major side-eye to the outfield results so far, though. Ryan Braun third and Carlos Gomez sixth is a special thing. Maybe it means fans care more about perceived showboating than they do PEDs? Maybe it means they just vote for the more popular name when given a choice? I have no idea, but I do like that it flummoxes all of those “the PED guys are gonna play the price!” narratives we’ve seen the past few days.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 14
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 28
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 208
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (207)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)