May 28, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
Back in February Barry Zito listed his Tuscan-style Marin County pleasure dome for rent. Now he’s listing his modern Hollywood Hills home for sale. It goes for a cool $4.2 million. It has its own pitchers mound. I figure he doesn’t need it anymore now that he’s out walking the earth like Caine in “Kung Fu” or whatever it is he’s doing.
Bonus: it sorta looks like the kind of house that a bad guy/kingpin in a 1980s action crime movie would live in. Like, say, a knockoff “Lethal Weapon.” At the end, Zito — who is wearing a silk robe and holding an Uzi maybe — dies when the hero cop who plays by his own rules puts his head through the fish tank glass.
Anyway, nice house.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 0
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)