May 28, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
Back in February Barry Zito listed his Tuscan-style Marin County pleasure dome for rent. Now he’s listing his modern Hollywood Hills home for sale. It goes for a cool $4.2 million. It has its own pitchers mound. I figure he doesn’t need it anymore now that he’s out walking the earth like Caine in “Kung Fu” or whatever it is he’s doing.
Bonus: it sorta looks like the kind of house that a bad guy/kingpin in a 1980s action crime movie would live in. Like, say, a knockoff “Lethal Weapon.” At the end, Zito — who is wearing a silk robe and holding an Uzi maybe — dies when the hero cop who plays by his own rules puts his head through the fish tank glass.
Anyway, nice house.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8