May 28, 2014, 2:28 PM EST
Back in February Barry Zito listed his Tuscan-style Marin County pleasure dome for rent. Now he’s listing his modern Hollywood Hills home for sale. It goes for a cool $4.2 million. It has its own pitchers mound. I figure he doesn’t need it anymore now that he’s out walking the earth like Caine in “Kung Fu” or whatever it is he’s doing.
Bonus: it sorta looks like the kind of house that a bad guy/kingpin in a 1980s action crime movie would live in. Like, say, a knockoff “Lethal Weapon.” At the end, Zito — who is wearing a silk robe and holding an Uzi maybe — dies when the hero cop who plays by his own rules puts his head through the fish tank glass.
Anyway, nice house.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)