May 28, 2014, 2:28 PM EST
Back in February Barry Zito listed his Tuscan-style Marin County pleasure dome for rent. Now he’s listing his modern Hollywood Hills home for sale. It goes for a cool $4.2 million. It has its own pitchers mound. I figure he doesn’t need it anymore now that he’s out walking the earth like Caine in “Kung Fu” or whatever it is he’s doing.
Bonus: it sorta looks like the kind of house that a bad guy/kingpin in a 1980s action crime movie would live in. Like, say, a knockoff “Lethal Weapon.” At the end, Zito — who is wearing a silk robe and holding an Uzi maybe — dies when the hero cop who plays by his own rules puts his head through the fish tank glass.
Anyway, nice house.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)