May 28, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
When I saw Matthew Kory’s article about this teased in such a fashion, my first thought was “Dan Uggla!” But then I realized that he meant which opposing player has historically played exceptionally well against your team. Which could also be Dan Uggla. Dude has a .900 OPS against the Braves and a .713 career OPS for ‘em. The man can beat Atlanta in so many ways.
Anyway, Kory’s article is a lot of fun. Especially the part where Mike Napoli is the best all-time hitter against the Angels. I never stop giggling about how wrong they were to get rid of him. Statistically, strategically, politically. It was just wonderful.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)