May 28, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
When I saw Matthew Kory’s article about this teased in such a fashion, my first thought was “Dan Uggla!” But then I realized that he meant which opposing player has historically played exceptionally well against your team. Which could also be Dan Uggla. Dude has a .900 OPS against the Braves and a .713 career OPS for ‘em. The man can beat Atlanta in so many ways.
Anyway, Kory’s article is a lot of fun. Especially the part where Mike Napoli is the best all-time hitter against the Angels. I never stop giggling about how wrong they were to get rid of him. Statistically, strategically, politically. It was just wonderful.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)