May 28, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
When I saw Matthew Kory’s article about this teased in such a fashion, my first thought was “Dan Uggla!” But then I realized that he meant which opposing player has historically played exceptionally well against your team. Which could also be Dan Uggla. Dude has a .900 OPS against the Braves and a .713 career OPS for ’em. The man can beat Atlanta in so many ways.
Anyway, Kory’s article is a lot of fun. Especially the part where Mike Napoli is the best all-time hitter against the Angels. I never stop giggling about how wrong they were to get rid of him. Statistically, strategically, politically. It was just wonderful.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (127)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)