May 29, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Louis C.K. is one of my favorite comedians, so I’m happy to have an excuse to write about him here now that Jennifer Gould Keil of the New York Post reports that he bought Babe Ruth’s old house in the Hamptons for $2.49 million.
It’s a three-story, 4,957-square foot place called “Primrose Cottage” built in 1901 and apparently Ruth used to “summer” there.
Here’s a photo of the place, via the real estate website “The Real Deal”:
I mean, I guess that’s a decent place if you’re into that type of thing. I’ve been trying to buy Luis Rivas’ old place in Minnesota for years now, but can’t scrape together the cash.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)