Louis C.K. bought Babe Ruth’s old house for $2.5 million

May 29, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT

louis ck

Louis C.K. is one of my favorite comedians, so I’m happy to have an excuse to write about him here now that Jennifer Gould Keil of the New York Post reports that he bought Babe Ruth’s old house in the Hamptons for $2.49 million.

It’s a three-story, 4,957-square foot place called “Primrose Cottage” built in 1901 and apparently Ruth used to “summer” there.

Here’s a photo of the place, via the real estate website “The Real Deal”:

source:

I mean, I guess that’s a decent place if you’re into that type of thing. I’ve been trying to buy Luis Rivas’ old place in Minnesota for years now, but can’t scrape together the cash.

1. jerze2387 - May 29, 2014 at 12:22 PM

So professor moriority buys babe ruths house…

2. tedwmoore - May 29, 2014 at 12:24 PM

5000 square feet ain’t a cottage.

3. bigharold - May 29, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Babe Ruth do most of his “Summering” with the Yankees?

• apeville - May 29, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Until he retired, yes.

4. jayyy1985 - May 29, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Lou is the man

5. aceshigh11 - May 29, 2014 at 2:01 PM

“Louis, Louis, you’re gonna die…”

6. uwsptke - May 29, 2014 at 2:49 PM

$2.5 million? That’s a lot of hungry people, Louis!

“My life is really evil, like there are people who are starving in the world, and I drive an Infiniti. That’s really evil. There are people who would just starve to death. That’s all they ever did. There’s people who are like born, and they go, ‘Oh, I’m hungry,’ and then they just die. And that’s all they ever got to do. And meanwhile, I’m in my car, like having a great time and I sleep like a baby. It’s toally my fault, ’cause I could trade my Infiniti for like a really good car, like a nice Ford Focus with no miles on it, and I’d get back like $20,000. And I could save hundreds of people from dying of starvation with that money, and every day I don’t do it. Every day I make them die with my car.”

• yahmule - May 29, 2014 at 3:32 PM

• jfk69 - May 29, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Louis has upped the anti. Next a Bently and a Trump Penthouse. Millions will die as I spend all my money.

7. luisrivasbuttocks - May 29, 2014 at 2:51 PM

You and me both Gleeman

8. unlost1 - May 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Yes but is he master of his domain? Note to Louie: there is no basement described in the listing.

9. yahmule - May 29, 2014 at 3:24 PM

The best part about this eventually Louis will do a few minutes on the Babe and it will be awesome.

10. jfk69 - May 29, 2014 at 5:44 PM

House is in Shelter Island . Which is not the Hamptons. It is the anti Hamptons. Ck will feel right at home there. Still close enough to get good material for standup routine.

Who's to blame for Cubs tarp fiasco?
  1. R. Castillo (3490)