May 29, 2014, 4:02 PM EDT
For now at least the Yankees are calling him day-to-day and hope that Teixeira will be able to avoid the disabled list, so it definitely qualifies as good news. So far he’s missed three games.
Teixeira was looking very close to his old, pre-injury self before being shut down, hitting .248 with a team-leading nine homers and an .843 OPS, which is his highest mark since 2009.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 13
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 45
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 46
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)