May 29, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
With 50 Cent’s first pitch making everyone laugh the other night, the folks at the Washington Post decided to watch video of a whole bunch of celebrity, “celebrity” and politician first pitches and plot them on a graph. The results are here.
- This is subjective. I think Cincinnati mayor Mark Mallory’s first pitch a few years ago was worse than 50 Cent’s, but they have it closer;
- George W. Bush gets credit for one of the best first pitches of all time — and given the circumstances I think it was the best — but don’t sell old Bill Clinton short. He painted the freakin’ black.
- Verne Troyer: head hunter. Who knew?
Anyway, this is fun on a slow afternoon.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)