May 29, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
With 50 Cent’s first pitch making everyone laugh the other night, the folks at the Washington Post decided to watch video of a whole bunch of celebrity, “celebrity” and politician first pitches and plot them on a graph. The results are here.
- This is subjective. I think Cincinnati mayor Mark Mallory’s first pitch a few years ago was worse than 50 Cent’s, but they have it closer;
- George W. Bush gets credit for one of the best first pitches of all time — and given the circumstances I think it was the best — but don’t sell old Bill Clinton short. He painted the freakin’ black.
- Verne Troyer: head hunter. Who knew?
Anyway, this is fun on a slow afternoon.
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 215
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 44
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (215)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)