May 29, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
With 50 Cent’s first pitch making everyone laugh the other night, the folks at the Washington Post decided to watch video of a whole bunch of celebrity, “celebrity” and politician first pitches and plot them on a graph. The results are here.
- This is subjective. I think Cincinnati mayor Mark Mallory’s first pitch a few years ago was worse than 50 Cent’s, but they have it closer;
- George W. Bush gets credit for one of the best first pitches of all time — and given the circumstances I think it was the best — but don’t sell old Bill Clinton short. He painted the freakin’ black.
- Verne Troyer: head hunter. Who knew?
Anyway, this is fun on a slow afternoon.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 4
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 12
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)