May 29, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
With 50 Cent’s first pitch making everyone laugh the other night, the folks at the Washington Post decided to watch video of a whole bunch of celebrity, “celebrity” and politician first pitches and plot them on a graph. The results are here.
- This is subjective. I think Cincinnati mayor Mark Mallory’s first pitch a few years ago was worse than 50 Cent’s, but they have it closer;
- George W. Bush gets credit for one of the best first pitches of all time — and given the circumstances I think it was the best — but don’t sell old Bill Clinton short. He painted the freakin’ black.
- Verne Troyer: head hunter. Who knew?
Anyway, this is fun on a slow afternoon.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)