May 30, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Jon Heyman spoke with Scott Boras, agent to Dodgers infield prospect Alex Guerrero. Who most of you got to know via the awful attack he experienced from Miguel Olivo, who bit off a chunk of his ear. Heyman reports that Guerrero, while still under medical care at UCLA, is doing better:
Dodgers prospect Alex Guerrero is said to be progressing following ear re-attachment surgery, and the hope remains that the ear has been saved after loosing a significant chunk of it in a biting incident, Guerrero’s agent Scott Boras said.
“We’re still not out of the woods. But we’re optimistic. The doctor gave a good report (on Thursday),” Boras said by phone.
He can’t really work out yet because sweat and moisture is bad for area around the reattachment. Boras talks about Guerrero’s psychological state as well. Which, because this was an on-the-field incident, many of us may easily overlook. But it was nonetheless a violent attack that has left very real physical scars, so it would be understandable if there were some mental ones too.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)