May 30, 2014, 4:50 PM EST
Nationals left-hander Gio Gonzalez had no problems during a 35-pitch bullpen session Thursday, so Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that he’ll throw a simulated game Sunday and then hopefully be cleared for a minor-league rehab assignment next week.
Gonzalez has been on the disabled list since May 18 with shoulder inflammation, but now looks to be on track for a mid-June return to the Nationals’ rotation.
Gonzalez posted a 4.62 ERA in nine starts before being shut down, but his secondary numbers were right in line with his career norms and included 53 strikeouts in 51 innings.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 72
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 34
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 29
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 24
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)