May 30, 2014, 10:55 PM EDT
Stroman, 23, was called up from Triple-A Buffalo on May 3 and contributed out of the bullpen, allowing 10 runs (nine earned) with a 4/1 K/BB ratio in 6 1/3 innings. The Jays optioned him back to Triple-A on May 18 and he made two starts. Against the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and the Louisville Bats, Stroman allowed seven runs in nine innings.
Stroman was rated the #27 overall prospect entering the season by Baseball Prospectus.
The Blue Jays have designated pitcher Bobby Korecky for assignment to clear up a roster spot for Stroman.
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a serious Achilles injury Saturday night 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)