May 30, 2014, 10:55 PM EDT
Stroman, 23, was called up from Triple-A Buffalo on May 3 and contributed out of the bullpen, allowing 10 runs (nine earned) with a 4/1 K/BB ratio in 6 1/3 innings. The Jays optioned him back to Triple-A on May 18 and he made two starts. Against the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and the Louisville Bats, Stroman allowed seven runs in nine innings.
Stroman was rated the #27 overall prospect entering the season by Baseball Prospectus.
The Blue Jays have designated pitcher Bobby Korecky for assignment to clear up a roster spot for Stroman.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)