May 30, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Diamondbacks left fielder Mark Trumbo was initially expected to miss six weeks with a fractured foot suffered on April 21 and said two weeks ago that he was “extremely pleased” with how the rehab process was progressing, but it turns out he’s not particularly close to returning after all.
Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic reports that the Diamondbacks are “targeting the third week of June as a potential return” date for Trumbo, who so far has only advanced to taking swings off a tee.
That would mean he’ll miss at minimum eight weeks and there are still some hurdles to clear before that ETA is possible for Trumbo, who was acquired from the Angels this offseason to provide right-handed power in the middle of Arizona’s lineup.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)