May 30, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Diamondbacks left fielder Mark Trumbo was initially expected to miss six weeks with a fractured foot suffered on April 21 and said two weeks ago that he was “extremely pleased” with how the rehab process was progressing, but it turns out he’s not particularly close to returning after all.
Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic reports that the Diamondbacks are “targeting the third week of June as a potential return” date for Trumbo, who so far has only advanced to taking swings off a tee.
That would mean he’ll miss at minimum eight weeks and there are still some hurdles to clear before that ETA is possible for Trumbo, who was acquired from the Angels this offseason to provide right-handed power in the middle of Arizona’s lineup.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)