May 30, 2014, 9:18 AM EST
YANKEES FAN 1: …Look! Ah! Oh! Oh!
YANKEES FAN 2: He has given us a sign!
YANKEES FAN 1: He has given us… His chair!
YANKEES FAN 2: The chair is the sign. Let us follow His example!
YANKEES FAN 1: Let us, like Him, hold up one chair and let another be stacked against the wall, for this is His sign, that all who follow Him shall do likewise.
YANKEES FAN 2: No, no, no. The chair is a sign that we must gather chairs together in abundance!
YANKEES FAN 3: …the chair?! No, follow the Gourd!
YANKEES FANS 1 and 2: Oh, get off!
Whatever the case, the Cubs gotta pay for those Wrigley Field renovations somehow:
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)