May 30, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
If Vin Scully — who has been working in baseball longer than even most of your parents’ have been alive — can appreciate bat-flipping as something fun and not an affront to baseball etiquette, you have zero right to get bent out of shape about it:
I suppose it’s possible that, when he’s not on the air, Scully talks about stuff like this like all the old curmudgeons do. Saying that Puig is a punk and that he doesn’t care for his showboating. And that his seeming appreciation and amusement at Puig when the camera is on is all just playacting or deep sarcasm.
But I kinda doubt it. Don’t you?
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)