May 30, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
If Vin Scully — who has been working in baseball longer than even most of your parents’ have been alive — can appreciate bat-flipping as something fun and not an affront to baseball etiquette, you have zero right to get bent out of shape about it:
I suppose it’s possible that, when he’s not on the air, Scully talks about stuff like this like all the old curmudgeons do. Saying that Puig is a punk and that he doesn’t care for his showboating. And that his seeming appreciation and amusement at Puig when the camera is on is all just playacting or deep sarcasm.
But I kinda doubt it. Don’t you?
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 76
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47