May 30, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
If Vin Scully — who has been working in baseball longer than even most of your parents’ have been alive — can appreciate bat-flipping as something fun and not an affront to baseball etiquette, you have zero right to get bent out of shape about it:
I suppose it’s possible that, when he’s not on the air, Scully talks about stuff like this like all the old curmudgeons do. Saying that Puig is a punk and that he doesn’t care for his showboating. And that his seeming appreciation and amusement at Puig when the camera is on is all just playacting or deep sarcasm.
But I kinda doubt it. Don’t you?
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)