May 30, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu is likely to rejoin the team on Monday, ESPN Chicago’s Doug Padilla reports. The slugger has been on the disabled list since May 18 with posterior tibia tendinitis in his left ankle, and recently discarded his walking boot to resume baseball activities.
Prior to going on the DL, Abreu was the major league leader in home runs and RBI with 15 and 42, respectively, in his team’s first 45 games. When he returns, he’ll be looking to improve upon his impressive .260/.312/.595 slash line.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)