May 31, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
According to Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune, Rays outfielder Wil Myers is out of tonight’s lineup against the Red Sox due to a right wrist injury suffered in a collision with teammate Desmond Jennings on A.J. Pierzynski‘s walk-off triple last night.
Myers has his wrist in a plastic brace and will see a doctor today. While the severity of the injury isn’t yet known, there’s obvious reason to be concerned.
After winning the American League Rookie of the Year Award last year, Myers is off to a slow start at the plate this season with a .227 batting average, five home runs and a .666 OPS over 55 games.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)