May 31, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
According to Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune, Rays outfielder Wil Myers is out of tonight’s lineup against the Red Sox due to a right wrist injury suffered in a collision with teammate Desmond Jennings on A.J. Pierzynski‘s walk-off triple last night.
Myers has his wrist in a plastic brace and will see a doctor today. While the severity of the injury isn’t yet known, there’s obvious reason to be concerned.
After winning the American League Rookie of the Year Award last year, Myers is off to a slow start at the plate this season with a .227 batting average, five home runs and a .666 OPS over 55 games.
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 40
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (244)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)