May 31, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
According to Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune, Rays outfielder Wil Myers is out of tonight’s lineup against the Red Sox due to a right wrist injury suffered in a collision with teammate Desmond Jennings on A.J. Pierzynski‘s walk-off triple last night.
Myers has his wrist in a plastic brace and will see a doctor today. While the severity of the injury isn’t yet known, there’s obvious reason to be concerned.
After winning the American League Rookie of the Year Award last year, Myers is off to a slow start at the plate this season with a .227 batting average, five home runs and a .666 OPS over 55 games.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20