May 31, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
According to Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune, Rays outfielder Wil Myers is out of tonight’s lineup against the Red Sox due to a right wrist injury suffered in a collision with teammate Desmond Jennings on A.J. Pierzynski‘s walk-off triple last night.
Myers has his wrist in a plastic brace and will see a doctor today. While the severity of the injury isn’t yet known, there’s obvious reason to be concerned.
After winning the American League Rookie of the Year Award last year, Myers is off to a slow start at the plate this season with a .227 batting average, five home runs and a .666 OPS over 55 games.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)