May 31, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
According to Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune, Rays outfielder Wil Myers is out of tonight’s lineup against the Red Sox due to a right wrist injury suffered in a collision with teammate Desmond Jennings on A.J. Pierzynski‘s walk-off triple last night.
Myers has his wrist in a plastic brace and will see a doctor today. While the severity of the injury isn’t yet known, there’s obvious reason to be concerned.
After winning the American League Rookie of the Year Award last year, Myers is off to a slow start at the plate this season with a .227 batting average, five home runs and a .666 OPS over 55 games.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 20
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 21
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 19
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (80)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)