Jun 1, 2014, 4:19 PM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion had a massive month of May for the American League East-leading Blue Jays, posting a 1.176 OPS, 16 homers, and 33 RBI in 30 games. And he’s off to a great start now in June.
Encarnacion doubled and homered Sunday in Toronto’s 4-0 defeat of the Royals, finishing the afternoon with two RBI. He’s batting .271/.359/.615 with 19 total homers and 50 total RBI in 58 games this season. That’s a 53-homer and 140-RBI pace.
MLB.com has the highlight of Sunday’s blast.
The Yankees lost to the Twins on Sunday afternoon, so the Jays now boast a 3 1/2-game divsion lead.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)