Jun 1, 2014, 4:19 PM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion had a massive month of May for the American League East-leading Blue Jays, posting a 1.176 OPS, 16 homers, and 33 RBI in 30 games. And he’s off to a great start now in June.
Encarnacion doubled and homered Sunday in Toronto’s 4-0 defeat of the Royals, finishing the afternoon with two RBI. He’s batting .271/.359/.615 with 19 total homers and 50 total RBI in 58 games this season. That’s a 53-homer and 140-RBI pace.
MLB.com has the highlight of Sunday’s blast.
The Yankees lost to the Twins on Sunday afternoon, so the Jays now boast a 3 1/2-game divsion lead.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 11
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)