Jun 1, 2014, 4:19 PM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion had a massive month of May for the American League East-leading Blue Jays, posting a 1.176 OPS, 16 homers, and 33 RBI in 30 games. And he’s off to a great start now in June.
Encarnacion doubled and homered Sunday in Toronto’s 4-0 defeat of the Royals, finishing the afternoon with two RBI. He’s batting .271/.359/.615 with 19 total homers and 50 total RBI in 58 games this season. That’s a 53-homer and 140-RBI pace.
MLB.com has the highlight of Sunday’s blast.
The Yankees lost to the Twins on Sunday afternoon, so the Jays now boast a 3 1/2-game divsion lead.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 57
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)