Jun 1, 2014, 12:18 PM EDT
The Rays made the announcement on their team Twitter feed Sunday morning …
— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) June 1, 2014
Myers suffered the injury Friday night at Fenway Park in an ugly outfield collision with teammate Desmond Jennings. Myers went airborne over Jennings, then crashed hard onto his back and right arm.
This comes with rough timing for the last-place Rays, who have dropped five consecutive games.
Myers was batting just .227/.313/.354 with five home runs and 25 RBI in 53 games this season. He won American League Rookie of the Year honors in 2013 after hitting .293/.354/.478 across 88 games.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 25
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 44
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 49
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)