Jun 1, 2014, 12:18 PM EDT
The Rays made the announcement on their team Twitter feed Sunday morning …
— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) June 1, 2014
Myers suffered the injury Friday night at Fenway Park in an ugly outfield collision with teammate Desmond Jennings. Myers went airborne over Jennings, then crashed hard onto his back and right arm.
This comes with rough timing for the last-place Rays, who have dropped five consecutive games.
Myers was batting just .227/.313/.354 with five home runs and 25 RBI in 53 games this season. He won American League Rookie of the Year honors in 2013 after hitting .293/.354/.478 across 88 games.
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 28
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 64
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)