Jun 1, 2014, 12:18 PM EDT
The Rays made the announcement on their team Twitter feed Sunday morning …
— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) June 1, 2014
Myers suffered the injury Friday night at Fenway Park in an ugly outfield collision with teammate Desmond Jennings. Myers went airborne over Jennings, then crashed hard onto his back and right arm.
This comes with rough timing for the last-place Rays, who have dropped five consecutive games.
Myers was batting just .227/.313/.354 with five home runs and 25 RBI in 53 games this season. He won American League Rookie of the Year honors in 2013 after hitting .293/.354/.478 across 88 games.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)