Jun 1, 2014, 12:18 PM EDT
The Rays made the announcement on their team Twitter feed Sunday morning …
— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) June 1, 2014
Myers suffered the injury Friday night at Fenway Park in an ugly outfield collision with teammate Desmond Jennings. Myers went airborne over Jennings, then crashed hard onto his back and right arm.
This comes with rough timing for the last-place Rays, who have dropped five consecutive games.
Myers was batting just .227/.313/.354 with five home runs and 25 RBI in 53 games this season. He won American League Rookie of the Year honors in 2013 after hitting .293/.354/.478 across 88 games.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)