Jun 2, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
We talked about this last week, but here’s the video of the opponents of the new Braves ballpark being refused the floor and then removed from the county commission meeting approving the funding.
As I said last week, it makes no practical difference as the measure was going to pass and the ballpark was going to be built. But given its inevitability and, I would assume, popularity, it makes shutting out those who want to get on record opposing it all even more important, not less.
In any event, if in a couple of years the ballpark turns out like many other publicly funded stadiums which end up being a hinderance for the community as opposed to a boon, do not let the politicians who supported claim that no one was opposed to it or that everything was done transparently and honorably and, welp, sometimes that’s how the ball bounces.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 103
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 85
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (117)