Jun 2, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
We talked about this last week, but here’s the video of the opponents of the new Braves ballpark being refused the floor and then removed from the county commission meeting approving the funding.
As I said last week, it makes no practical difference as the measure was going to pass and the ballpark was going to be built. But given its inevitability and, I would assume, popularity, it makes shutting out those who want to get on record opposing it all even more important, not less.
In any event, if in a couple of years the ballpark turns out like many other publicly funded stadiums which end up being a hinderance for the community as opposed to a boon, do not let the politicians who supported claim that no one was opposed to it or that everything was done transparently and honorably and, welp, sometimes that’s how the ball bounces.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 39
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 25
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 77
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)