Jun 2, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
We talked about this last week, but here’s the video of the opponents of the new Braves ballpark being refused the floor and then removed from the county commission meeting approving the funding.
As I said last week, it makes no practical difference as the measure was going to pass and the ballpark was going to be built. But given its inevitability and, I would assume, popularity, it makes shutting out those who want to get on record opposing it all even more important, not less.
In any event, if in a couple of years the ballpark turns out like many other publicly funded stadiums which end up being a hinderance for the community as opposed to a boon, do not let the politicians who supported claim that no one was opposed to it or that everything was done transparently and honorably and, welp, sometimes that’s how the ball bounces.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)