Jun 2, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
We talked about this last week, but here’s the video of the opponents of the new Braves ballpark being refused the floor and then removed from the county commission meeting approving the funding.
As I said last week, it makes no practical difference as the measure was going to pass and the ballpark was going to be built. But given its inevitability and, I would assume, popularity, it makes shutting out those who want to get on record opposing it all even more important, not less.
In any event, if in a couple of years the ballpark turns out like many other publicly funded stadiums which end up being a hinderance for the community as opposed to a boon, do not let the politicians who supported claim that no one was opposed to it or that everything was done transparently and honorably and, welp, sometimes that’s how the ball bounces.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 0
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 127
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (130)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)