Jun 3, 2014, 11:47 PM EDT
Third basema Aramis Ramirez has recovered from his strained left hamstring and will return to the Brewers’ lineup Wednesday night in Minnesota. To help ease him back into action, he will serve as the designated hitter in the interleague contest against the Twins.
Ramirez played in minor league rehab games Sunday and Monday with the Low-A Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and then rejoined his Brewers teammates for a pregame workout on Tuesday. “Everything went well,” he said of his two-game rehab assignment. “I feel pretty good. I got on base twice and ran the bases. Everything is good so far.”
Ramirez was batting just .252/.309/.390 in 34 games before straining his hamstring on May 10.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 55
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 18
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29