Jun 3, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
A’s outfielder Josh Reddick exited Saturday’s game after hyperextending his left knee and now he’s headed to the the disabled list.
Reddick has struggled mightily since a breakout 2012 season, hitting just .222 with 16 homers and a .666 OPS in 164 games, so the A’s won’t exactly miss his production in the lineup. Craig Gentry will likely see extended action in the outfield with Reddick out and the injury could also mean more playing time for recent trade pickup Kyle Blanks.
In a corresponding roster move the A’s have activated reliever Ryan Cook from the disabled list after the right-hander missed the past month with a strained forearm. Cook isn’t a big name because he hasn’t been given a chance to rack up saves yet, but he’s been one of the best relievers in the league since debuting for the A’s in 2012.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)