Jun 3, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
A’s outfielder Josh Reddick exited Saturday’s game after hyperextending his left knee and now he’s headed to the the disabled list.
Reddick has struggled mightily since a breakout 2012 season, hitting just .222 with 16 homers and a .666 OPS in 164 games, so the A’s won’t exactly miss his production in the lineup. Craig Gentry will likely see extended action in the outfield with Reddick out and the injury could also mean more playing time for recent trade pickup Kyle Blanks.
In a corresponding roster move the A’s have activated reliever Ryan Cook from the disabled list after the right-hander missed the past month with a strained forearm. Cook isn’t a big name because he hasn’t been given a chance to rack up saves yet, but he’s been one of the best relievers in the league since debuting for the A’s in 2012.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)