Jun 3, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
A’s outfielder Josh Reddick exited Saturday’s game after hyperextending his left knee and now he’s headed to the the disabled list.
Reddick has struggled mightily since a breakout 2012 season, hitting just .222 with 16 homers and a .666 OPS in 164 games, so the A’s won’t exactly miss his production in the lineup. Craig Gentry will likely see extended action in the outfield with Reddick out and the injury could also mean more playing time for recent trade pickup Kyle Blanks.
In a corresponding roster move the A’s have activated reliever Ryan Cook from the disabled list after the right-hander missed the past month with a strained forearm. Cook isn’t a big name because he hasn’t been given a chance to rack up saves yet, but he’s been one of the best relievers in the league since debuting for the A’s in 2012.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 2
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)