Jun 3, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Slamming Matt Harvey for actually living his life is a fun new sport in New York. How dare you date, how dare you go to a basketball game, how dare you talk to the media. Those who love to play that sport will have a great chance to do so next week. As Newsday reports, Harvey is scheduled to throw off a mound in Port St. Lucie on Monday. But . . .
Monday also is the Rangers’ first home game in the Stanley Cup Final. Harvey, an avid Rangers fan who is sporting a playoff beard, has tried to make it to New York when his schedule allows to attend the games . . .
Per his agreement with the team, Harvey is allowed to be with the Mets when they’re in New York. They are off on that Monday but will be at their homes there in preparation for a homestand starting the next day. So, technically, Harvey is within his rights to be in New York on Monday. And the expectation would be that he’d toss his bullpen session, hop a flight and be in Madison Square Garden in time for the face-off.
Which is totally cool and normal and shouldn’t cause any trouble. But how much do you wanna bet someone, somewhere, will have a problem with this?
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 23
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 183
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (185)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)