Jun 3, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Out since April 8 following thumb surgery, Josh Hamilton is off the disabled list and back in the Angels’ starting lineup for tonight’s game against the Astros.
J.B. Shuck initially took over as the primary left fielder in Hamilton’s absence, but when he struggled the Angels turned to converted infielder Grant Green to handle the position and he’s hit .361 in 21 games.
Hamilton’s return was delayed when he bruised his thumb while rehabbing in the minors, but he ended up going 6-for-13 (.462) with two doubles in three rehab games.
Hamilton, who signed a five-year, $125 million contract with the Angels last offseason, has hit .259 with 23 homers and a .764 OPS since the deal while playing 159 of a possible 218 games.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)