Jun 3, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Mark Teixeira and the Yankees got some good news yesterday. Teixeira got his bum wrist examined and it appears that the cortisone shot he got over the weekend has helped it. He could be back in the Yankees’ lineup as soon as today.
As reported yesterday, the Yankees are toying with the idea of making an offer to Kendrys Morales. That seems to be contingent, however, on Teixeira’s absence. If he does return to action today that may put the kibosh on the Morales stuff.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 18
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (72)