Jun 3, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Mark Teixeira and the Yankees got some good news yesterday. Teixeira got his bum wrist examined and it appears that the cortisone shot he got over the weekend has helped it. He could be back in the Yankees’ lineup as soon as today.
As reported yesterday, the Yankees are toying with the idea of making an offer to Kendrys Morales. That seems to be contingent, however, on Teixeira’s absence. If he does return to action today that may put the kibosh on the Morales stuff.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)