Jun 3, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Mark Teixeira and the Yankees got some good news yesterday. Teixeira got his bum wrist examined and it appears that the cortisone shot he got over the weekend has helped it. He could be back in the Yankees’ lineup as soon as today.
As reported yesterday, the Yankees are toying with the idea of making an offer to Kendrys Morales. That seems to be contingent, however, on Teixeira’s absence. If he does return to action today that may put the kibosh on the Morales stuff.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 10
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 90
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)