Jun 3, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Mark Teixeira and the Yankees got some good news yesterday. Teixeira got his bum wrist examined and it appears that the cortisone shot he got over the weekend has helped it. He could be back in the Yankees’ lineup as soon as today.
As reported yesterday, the Yankees are toying with the idea of making an offer to Kendrys Morales. That seems to be contingent, however, on Teixeira’s absence. If he does return to action today that may put the kibosh on the Morales stuff.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69