Jun 3, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Angels outfielder Mike Trout sat out Saturday and Sunday in Oakland because of stiffness in his back. He tried to return for Tuesday’s series-opener in Houston, but that stiffness hasn’t gone away …
INJURY UPDATE – Mike Trout left tonight’s game with mid back discomfort.
— Los Angeles Angels (@Angels) June 4, 2014
Trout struck out in his only at-bat and did not have a ball hit to him in his one inning in center field. It’s probably a good bet that he won’t play Wednesday, but there’s been no talk yet of a disabled stint.
Trout is batting .293/.379/.546 with 11 homers, 38 RBI, and five steals in 54 games this year.
The Angels got Josh Hamilton back from a two-month absence on Tuesday night.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 0
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 19
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 22
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 66
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)