Jun 3, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Angels outfielder Mike Trout sat out Saturday and Sunday in Oakland because of stiffness in his back. He tried to return for Tuesday’s series-opener in Houston, but that stiffness hasn’t gone away …
INJURY UPDATE – Mike Trout left tonight’s game with mid back discomfort.
— Los Angeles Angels (@Angels) June 4, 2014
Trout struck out in his only at-bat and did not have a ball hit to him in his one inning in center field. It’s probably a good bet that he won’t play Wednesday, but there’s been no talk yet of a disabled stint.
Trout is batting .293/.379/.546 with 11 homers, 38 RBI, and five steals in 54 games this year.
The Angels got Josh Hamilton back from a two-month absence on Tuesday night.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)