Jun 3, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Angels outfielder Mike Trout sat out Saturday and Sunday in Oakland because of stiffness in his back. He tried to return for Tuesday’s series-opener in Houston, but that stiffness hasn’t gone away …
INJURY UPDATE – Mike Trout left tonight’s game with mid back discomfort.
— Los Angeles Angels (@Angels) June 4, 2014
Trout struck out in his only at-bat and did not have a ball hit to him in his one inning in center field. It’s probably a good bet that he won’t play Wednesday, but there’s been no talk yet of a disabled stint.
Trout is batting .293/.379/.546 with 11 homers, 38 RBI, and five steals in 54 games this year.
The Angels got Josh Hamilton back from a two-month absence on Tuesday night.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)