Jun 3, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Angels outfielder Mike Trout sat out Saturday and Sunday in Oakland because of stiffness in his back. He tried to return for Tuesday’s series-opener in Houston, but that stiffness hasn’t gone away …
INJURY UPDATE – Mike Trout left tonight’s game with mid back discomfort.
— Los Angeles Angels (@Angels) June 4, 2014
Trout struck out in his only at-bat and did not have a ball hit to him in his one inning in center field. It’s probably a good bet that he won’t play Wednesday, but there’s been no talk yet of a disabled stint.
Trout is batting .293/.379/.546 with 11 homers, 38 RBI, and five steals in 54 games this year.
The Angels got Josh Hamilton back from a two-month absence on Tuesday night.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)