Jun 3, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman is expected to be activated from the disabled list today. This after he had a pair of hits in his final rehab game at High-A Potomac last night.
Where he plays in Washington will be fun to see. He played left field in two of his four rehab games, and as we’ve noted over the past couple of weeks, he’ll likely see action there for the Nats in addition to his usual third base and maybe even some first base. Once Bryce Harper comes back it’ll be interesting to see if the Nats put him in center instead of Denard Span and go with Zimmerman in right.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 240
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (240)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)