Jun 3, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman is expected to be activated from the disabled list today. This after he had a pair of hits in his final rehab game at High-A Potomac last night.
Where he plays in Washington will be fun to see. He played left field in two of his four rehab games, and as we’ve noted over the past couple of weeks, he’ll likely see action there for the Nats in addition to his usual third base and maybe even some first base. Once Bryce Harper comes back it’ll be interesting to see if the Nats put him in center instead of Denard Span and go with Zimmerman in right.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)