Jun 3, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Bob Nightengale of USA Today wrote an article about Tim Hudson recently that portrayed the Giants right-hander as bitter at the Braves after leaving Atlanta as a free agent this offseason, but now Hudson wants everyone to know that he’s not bitter at all.
Hudson told Mark Bowman of MLB.com that reading Nightengale’s piece “kind of made me feel sick most of yesterday, because that is not the way I felt after the whole process played out.”
Instead, here’s how Hudson describes his parting ways with the Braves after nine seasons in Atlanta:
After the initial offer and all of that, it ended up not being a slap in the face. But initially, it looked like we were not going to go anywhere. The Braves made a push, but we were just too far down the line with the Giants. I still keep up with the Braves like I have my whole life. I still have a lot of great friends in that clubhouse. I can’t say I don’t still pull for them, because I do, except for when we’re playing them.
Bowman notes that the Braves initially made a one-year, $2 million offer to Hudson, which was pretty insulting considering he eventually got $23 million over two years from the Giants, but apparently Atlanta’s offer to the Georgia native gradually increased.
Hudson is thriving in San Francisco, seamlessly returning from a gruesome ankle injury to go 6-2 with a 1.75 ERA and 50/8 K/BB ratio in 77 innings for the Giants at age 38.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 2
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 24
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)