Jun 4, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Padres ace Andrew Cashner has had a brush with elbow soreness that, inexplicably in this day and age, did not result in him being scheduled for Tommy John surgery. Now it looks like he’ll be back on Saturday, barring any weirdness.
Cashner had a successful 65-pitch simulated game Monday and before that he had a good bullpen session. He has one more bullpen today and if that goes well he and his super duper fastball will face the Nationals.
On the season Cashner is 2-5 with a 2.35 ERA and 47 strikeouts in 57 and a third innings.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 9
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 75
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (277)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)