Jun 4, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Padres ace Andrew Cashner has had a brush with elbow soreness that, inexplicably in this day and age, did not result in him being scheduled for Tommy John surgery. Now it looks like he’ll be back on Saturday, barring any weirdness.
Cashner had a successful 65-pitch simulated game Monday and before that he had a good bullpen session. He has one more bullpen today and if that goes well he and his super duper fastball will face the Nationals.
On the season Cashner is 2-5 with a 2.35 ERA and 47 strikeouts in 57 and a third innings.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)