Jun 4, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Padres ace Andrew Cashner has had a brush with elbow soreness that, inexplicably in this day and age, did not result in him being scheduled for Tommy John surgery. Now it looks like he’ll be back on Saturday, barring any weirdness.
Cashner had a successful 65-pitch simulated game Monday and before that he had a good bullpen session. He has one more bullpen today and if that goes well he and his super duper fastball will face the Nationals.
On the season Cashner is 2-5 with a 2.35 ERA and 47 strikeouts in 57 and a third innings.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (135)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)