Jun 4, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Padres ace Andrew Cashner has had a brush with elbow soreness that, inexplicably in this day and age, did not result in him being scheduled for Tommy John surgery. Now it looks like he’ll be back on Saturday, barring any weirdness.
Cashner had a successful 65-pitch simulated game Monday and before that he had a good bullpen session. He has one more bullpen today and if that goes well he and his super duper fastball will face the Nationals.
On the season Cashner is 2-5 with a 2.35 ERA and 47 strikeouts in 57 and a third innings.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)