Jun 4, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Padres ace Andrew Cashner has had a brush with elbow soreness that, inexplicably in this day and age, did not result in him being scheduled for Tommy John surgery. Now it looks like he’ll be back on Saturday, barring any weirdness.
Cashner had a successful 65-pitch simulated game Monday and before that he had a good bullpen session. He has one more bullpen today and if that goes well he and his super duper fastball will face the Nationals.
On the season Cashner is 2-5 with a 2.35 ERA and 47 strikeouts in 57 and a third innings.
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 46
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 60
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 104
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 75
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)