Jun 4, 2014, 1:25 PM EST
First he struggled for the Indians, then he was even worse following a demotion to the minors, and now Danny Salazar is on the Triple-A disabled list with a strained triceps muscle.
This wasn’t how this season was supposed to go for one of the most promising young pitchers in baseball, especially after Salazar dominated in the minors and then thrived during his big-league debut last season at age 23.
Hopefully it proves to be a minor injury and Salazar can get back on the mound by the end of the month, but he certainly seems unlikely to rejoin the Indians before the All-Star break.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27