Jun 4, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
First he struggled for the Indians, then he was even worse following a demotion to the minors, and now Danny Salazar is on the Triple-A disabled list with a strained triceps muscle.
This wasn’t how this season was supposed to go for one of the most promising young pitchers in baseball, especially after Salazar dominated in the minors and then thrived during his big-league debut last season at age 23.
Hopefully it proves to be a minor injury and Salazar can get back on the mound by the end of the month, but he certainly seems unlikely to rejoin the Indians before the All-Star break.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)