Jun 4, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
First he struggled for the Indians, then he was even worse following a demotion to the minors, and now Danny Salazar is on the Triple-A disabled list with a strained triceps muscle.
This wasn’t how this season was supposed to go for one of the most promising young pitchers in baseball, especially after Salazar dominated in the minors and then thrived during his big-league debut last season at age 23.
Hopefully it proves to be a minor injury and Salazar can get back on the mound by the end of the month, but he certainly seems unlikely to rejoin the Indians before the All-Star break.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 13
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 43
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 92
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)