Jun 4, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
First he struggled for the Indians, then he was even worse following a demotion to the minors, and now Danny Salazar is on the Triple-A disabled list with a strained triceps muscle.
This wasn’t how this season was supposed to go for one of the most promising young pitchers in baseball, especially after Salazar dominated in the minors and then thrived during his big-league debut last season at age 23.
Hopefully it proves to be a minor injury and Salazar can get back on the mound by the end of the month, but he certainly seems unlikely to rejoin the Indians before the All-Star break.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)