Jun 4, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
First he struggled for the Indians, then he was even worse following a demotion to the minors, and now Danny Salazar is on the Triple-A disabled list with a strained triceps muscle.
This wasn’t how this season was supposed to go for one of the most promising young pitchers in baseball, especially after Salazar dominated in the minors and then thrived during his big-league debut last season at age 23.
Hopefully it proves to be a minor injury and Salazar can get back on the mound by the end of the month, but he certainly seems unlikely to rejoin the Indians before the All-Star break.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)